This survey is now closed
– Born or raised outside your country of origin/heritage?
– Engaged or thinking of engaging in organising or activism?
– Is your country(ies) of heritage one of these: Eritrea; Ethiopia; Iraq; Somalia; South Sudan; Sudan; Syria; Yemen?
If the answer is yes to all questions, we would like to invite you to take part in this survey, which takes approximately 5 minutes to complete https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/82BLBDJ. The survey closes on 31 July 2016.
The survey aims to capture data on the engagement of second generation diaspora/children of migrants in development and humanitarian response in countries or regions of origin. The focus is on diasporas from the Horn of Africa (Eritrea, Ethiopia, Sudan, South Sudan and Somalia) and the Middle East region (Yemen, Iraq, Syria).
The survey is part of a new project being launched titled ‘Diaspora Communities Investment in Development and Humanitarian Response‘. The objective is to better understand current engagements, existing platforms to support these initiatives and build a network of diaspora involved in these sectors, or who are interested. Based on the findings and recommendations a further project(s) can be developed to respond to these needs.
There are several ways you can take part in this project:
– Fill in the short survey ‘3rd Culture Kids engagement in development and humanitarian response’ (closes 31 July 2016)
– Email us if you would like to take part in a half hour interview about your thoughts: email@example.com
– Await the final report and collaborate with the Shabaka team to develop/launch a project that addresses challenges that may emerge.
For further details about the project please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]